Join or Donate to the PTA
PTA officers and volunteers work year-round to make each year at Huff School a wonderful experience for your family, but we need your support to accomplish this! Your membership dues and donations fund the many programs hosted by the PTA. Please sign up today to do your part. About half of the PTA's annual budget comes from dues and donations. The remainder is attained from fundraisers throughout the year.
We encourage each Huff family to become a member of the Huff PTA so that we can continue delivering the programs and services that the Huff community enjoys. And please consider adding a tax-free donation. This donation will help us fund special PTA projects while minimizing the number of fundraising initiatives held during the year.
Get one FREE yearbook and t-shirt!
For each $200 donation you make the Huff annual fund, the family will receive:
- a engraved yearbook (at the end of the school year) and
- a student Huff t-shirt
Please contact the Huff PTA Membership Co-VPs, Helen Cittadino or Marguerite Jayasimha.
Family participation in education is twice as predictive of students' academic success as family socioeconomic status or parents' level of education. When parents come to school regularly, it reinforces the view in the child's mind that school and home are connected and that school is an integral part of the whole family's life.
Benefits of Huff School families becoming members of the PTA:
- Get Connected: Know what is happening at Huff, make improvements by exchanging ideas and making suggestions.
- Tap into a Network: Parenting is not easy - it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss issues that are on your mind.
- Speak Up: Huff PTA is part of the California and National PTA organizations, which advocate for the education, health, and welfare of all children and youth. With more members, we have a louder voice in Sacramento and Washington. PTA is a way to affect change for Huff, California, and the nation.
- Witness Improvement: You'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum based programs, and social events - all vital to a school's success.
- Be a Role Model: Demonstrate to your child the importance you place on education.